Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Scotland & Citigroup Internship - Georgia Ralston

Last week we took a short break before internships started and headed to Scotland.  The Highlands were absolutely gorgeous and probably my favorite of all the places I have traveled. I definitely want to visit there again, maybe  when it is a bit warmer.

Highlands

Caitlin, Sarah, Ashton, Jillian, and I on the top of the mountain in Glencoe.

We started out internships this week; I am super pumped to be working at Citigroup.  Adjusting to waking up at seven and arriving back at the flats at six will definitely take some time getting used to.  I'm working at Citi on a management team that is working towards making their product lines more efficient. I think is experience will be a wonderful learning experience as I am asked to do some tasks that are way out of my element.  My supervisor is very sweet and has been very welcoming my first few days interning.  Yesterday I got to sit in on my first meeting and it was very interesting hearing and seeing the ideas the different supervisors brought to the table. Working at a huge corporate company that has international offices has also given me the opportunity to communicate with people from around the world that I am working on projects with. Today I had a phone conference with someone in India over a project that I will be assisting in completing. The fact that this has all happened within three days does not seem real to me and leaves me in great anticipation for the days to come.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment