Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter Weekend- Sarah Bishop

I am interning at Citigroup in the Trade Services Department. Citi definitely puts the global aspect in Global Leadership Scholars. My boss is from India, and many of my co-workers are from different places around the world (including me!). I am working with my boss on a major migration project from the loans department to trade. One of my first days at work, my boss told me that I would be working on a 20 million dollar project across 40 different countries. Talk about diving into this internship experience head first. I am really enjoying the work atmosphere, and am learning a lot about how the workplace functions. I actually taught my boss how to use something in Excel today, so that was exciting! Who would have thought that this small town girl would be working in one of the biggest cities in the world, let alone one of the biggest banks in the world!
My desk at work

View from the 13th floor

My official Citi pass

This weekend was an extended 4 day weekend because of Easter. We took advantage of these days off work and visited the cities of Dover and Hampton Court. Dover is known for its white cliffs that are made of chalk. While there, we visited Dover Castle and toured a secret underground tunnel that was used during WWII. On Monday, we went to Hampton Court Palace, where King Henry VIII lived. This was very interesting and told a lot about the history of the king and his many wives. We also had a great day on Sunday celebrating Easter. Our flat went to St. Paul's Cathedral for Easter worship service. It was definitely a cultural experience and a beautiful way to celebrate Easter Sunday. After church, we spent the afternoon dying eggs, watching Duck Dynasty, and cooking for our all-American  Easter dinner. I must say that the dinner was a huge success! I cannot believe that we only have three more weeks in this incredible city. The time has flown by and I don't want this experience to end. It is starting to hit us that we are approaching the end, so we will be taking advantage of every moment these next three weeks.
Jillian, Me, Caitlin, and Georgia at Dover Castle

Our delicious Easter Dinner

Girls in front of Hampton Court Palace

No comments:

Post a Comment