Thursday, April 11, 2013

Only 2 More Weeks- Sarah Bishop


Can’t believe we have exactly two weeks remaining on this once in a lifetime adventure. I remember everyone telling me that it would be over before I knew it, but I didn't believe them until now! I have been cherishing every moment here, but since it’s so close to being over I am doing anything and everything to enjoy these last few weeks. This past weekend, a bunch of us went sightseeing in Cardiff, Wales. The weather was beautiful, so it was the perfect day out. We saw the Cardiff Castle and even rode a water taxi to Cardiff Bay. Cardiff was a super cute little town, and made me miss my little town back home! On Sunday, a few of us decided to go to Speaker’s Corner at Hyde Park. This is a famous area where people gather to discuss and debate anything they want. It was pretty funny how crazy some of the speakers were. We then rented bikes and rode around Hyde Park. Best decision ever! It was another gorgeous day, and perfect for a bike stroll through the beautiful Hyde Park.

Work is staying very very busy! I am now working on a portfolio analysis for the project I have been helping with. I am taking the top clients that make up the top 80% of revenue and compiling this into an analysis to present to the head of the trade department. There are 6 different clusters which are broken down into 40 countries, so I am working with a lot of my colleagues to get all the information needed. I talked with a guy in Dublin today that said my analysis I did yesterday for Western Europe was “beautiful”, which was a huge confidence booster! I never would have thought I’d be doing everything I am as an intern, but I love every minute of it. With only one week of internships left, I am learning all I can about the workplace with this amazing first-hand experience.  

Georgia, Me, Caitlin, and Jillian in Cardiff

Cardiff Castle 


Bike riding through Hyde Park


No comments:

Post a Comment