Monday, April 22, 2013

Travel Channel Reboot -- Ashton Banta

As this Monday passed, it felt so foreign to not to hop on the bus to Victoria and scan into the Travel Channel building!  I have seriously had the most amazing internship experience I could ever have hoped for.  

I may have jumped around my flat shouting for joy when I found out that I was working for the Travel Channel ('may have' being the operative phrase) because, frankly, I'm addicted to its shows back home.  I soon learned that this Travel Channel is actually a different channel entirely, but has recently been bought out by the same parent company that owns the US version.  

Over the course of my six weeks with the Travel Channel, I was given the opportunity to research information for some short-form programs, write the scripts for those programs, and then assist in the production and editing process.  It was an incredibly unique experience and I was so thrilled that my bosses liked my work enough to use it in a real program!  I got to leave a real mark on the UK, in the form of some Travel Channel programming.  

My job, my coworkers, my entire internship experience was so amazing that I'm incredibly sad to be leaving.  I've learned so much in such a short time and I truly could not have asked for anything better!  So long, Travel Channel...you have, if possible, made me even a bigger fan than before!
Last day in the original Travel Channel office!


New office in Victoria!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment