Friday, February 22, 2013

Amazing Spring Break- Heidi Faust

I have to say, this spring holiday was the best I've ever experienced. My break began in Bordeaux, France, with Liza and an older GLSer who is studying abroad a second time, Thien (or Aiden as he goes by in France). We had THE BEST time in this amazing city. It was so great to get to know Thien and have him show us all around Bordeaux and introduce us to his friends. Liza and I learned so much about their culture, and it was truly an incredible experience. 
Liza and I with our new French girlfriends Cecile and Amelia 
 Liza and I then headed to Rome, Italy, to meet up with our other travel partners Sydney and Amanda and the rest of our class. Our time in Rome was spent taking in the beautiful sights of the ancient city and having a mini reunion with the other spring break groups. It's crazy how much we missed everyone after just two days! 
Awkward picture, showing off my favorite boots at the Colosseum 
Me, Liza, Sydney, and Amanda at Trevi Fountain
View from the top of Saint Peter's Basilica 

 Sydney, Amanda, Liza and I were ready to hit the road after a few days in Rome, so we headed to Budapest, Hungary. Hungary is near and dear to my heart, so I was so happy to be able to share it with my friends. We toured the beautiful Parliament building and had a relaxing spa day complete with massages in Szechenyi Baths. Hungary is so great because it is so much cheaper for us due to the exchange rates. We were pleased to only spend the equivalent of $30 for a full spa day and thirty minute massage! 

Szechenyi Baths...So Relaxing!
My girls headed home to London after another day in Budapest, and I took a train to a town called Pecs to visit some friends. This was probably my favorite part of my vacation because I was able to spend time with girls I haven't seen in three years. We spent one morning visiting a friend in her Kindergarten classroom, and I loved seeing the differences in our education programs. Overall, I can't find one thing that didn't go incredibly well about my spring holiday. It was one for the books! 
Visiting Helga's Kindergarten classroom. This was after they did a performance for us! 

My sweet friends Erszebet (Hugi), Szilvi, Me, and Zsofi
We are now back in class (Management 207) for a few weeks with our director, Lane. It's good to be back in London with the rest of our group! Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment