Monday, February 18, 2013

We Came, We Saw, We Conquered - Ashton Banta

We have finally returned from spring break!  It was an experience of a lifetime, to say the least.  I traveled with a group to Italy, stopping in both Venice and Rome. 

Venice is by far the most beautiful place I've ever been!  It's a little confusing to navigate, with all the twisting canals, but getting lost and walking around all day is completely worth it!  Carnival (like the European Mardi Gras) was going on while we were there...this basically entailed of us running around in masks and trying to fight our way through the Venetian crowds.  It was an amazing time!

Caitlin, Jillian, myself, Sarah, Andrew, Caitlin, and Dania in Venice at Carnival!


Venice!

Sydney & I at Carnival!

After Venice came Rome, which was our favorite stop on the trip.  The food was ah-mazing!  And, for a history nerd like me, getting to visit all the famous landmarks was incredible.  We even climbed to the top of St. Peter's Basilica, which was rough...551 steps straight up is not an easy thing to conquer, but well worth it!

In front of the Coliseum!

Caitlin, Jillian, and I inside the Coliseum!

Best view of the trip, from the top of St. Peter's Basilica!

I had the best spring break imaginable, with an amazing group of people!  Trips like this are ones I'll remember for the rest of my life...I could not be more grateful to be having these experiences! 


No comments:

Post a Comment