Saturday, February 9, 2013

Spring Break 2013 - Alex Speed

While around 93.287% of my fellow GLS classmates rushed out eagerly Friday morning to various locations in Europe to begin their Spring Break excursions, I'm taking a bit of a slower start. I've spent today and yesterday exploring some more of London. Friday, I ventured to the Burough Market, which is a giant marketplace semi-under the London Bridge that has tons of things ranging from fresh produce, cheese, baked goods, coffee, meat, and tons of other food vendors. I had to snag a chocolate covered, chocolate filled, chocolate-y chocolate eclair, which was absolutely delicious. The Burough Market was amazing and I will definitely be going again. Friday night, me and a few other classmates who did stay behind ventured to The Book Club for some live music (although you would expect a lot of reading there). Today, I ventured out to Shoreditch in East London for the Shoreditch Vintage Fair. Sadly, I was unable to find a denim jacket that I've been searching for since I arrived in London. On the way back to the flats, I stopped at the Burough Market for the second day in a row and had the best grilled cheese sandwich I've ever had in my life. This is no exaggeration. See the picture below.



(Toasted cheese sandwich with a mix of minced red and white onions, leeks, and garlic from the Burough Market)


Regardless, these next few days are all leading up to my big Spring Break trip. On Tuesday, I leave for Reykjavik, Iceland, where I will be seeing waterfalls, geysers, national parks, and geothermal pools. In addition, I'll also be attending a music festival there on Friday and Saturday, and hopefully, if I'm very very lucky, I'll be able to see the Northern Lights one night. Even if I don't get to see the lights, Iceland is a place I've always wanted to go and I'm extremely excited about this trip. Don't worry, there will be pictures when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment