Friday, February 1, 2013

Henry VIII -- Ashton Banta

"Divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived."  I have a confession: I'm a bit of a Tudor history nerd.  Well, actually, I'm a big history person in general, but Henry VIII and his tumultuous marriages and children fascinate me more than almost anything else.  The Tower of London has been on my list of top places to visit for years, given its significance in the Tudor times!  

This trip was probably my favorite thing we've done in London this far.  We walked around The Tower pretty much all day, taking pictures and exploring!  I even got a picture with Henry VIII's armor.  I'm not even going to pretend that I didn't freak out.  Day = made.

Me with Henry VIII's armor!

Getting silly with my flatmates outside of The Tower of London!

Jillian, Caitlin, myself, and Andrew inside The Tower!
Outside of the building where Anne Boleyn 
(Henry VIII's second wife) was imprisoned 
before her execution.

The Tower Bridge, conveniently located outside of The Tower. (back row from left: myself, Andrew, Jillian, Sarah, Georga; front row: Caitlin, Dania)


No comments:

Post a Comment