Thursday, February 7, 2013

Gearing Up for Spring Break- Jillian Valk

Caitlin and I in our flat with our new backpacks

I am beyond excited today!!! It is our last Stat test and then I’m packing for Venice, Rome, Madrid and Barcelona because our flight leaves tomorrow. Caitlin and I went and bought backpacks for the trip. They were on sale for 19.99! We hope they’ll fit on the plane because Ryanair is really strict on baggage. I also went and bought leggings at Primark because they take up less space than jeans and I have to pack for a week!  When we go to Venice it is during Carnival, which is similar to Mardi Gras.

 I also had a meeting with HR at the Savoy Hotel, which is where I will be interning. It is only a 15 minute walk so I don’t have to pay for the tube every day. It is right next to Covent Garden which is like an outdoor mall area. After talking with her it has only made more excited about working there. The place is beautiful, historic and elegant. It’s the most iconic hotel in London and has a lot of history behind it. When I got there she took me to one of the restaurants inside the hotel and we sat on couches while they served us tea. It was really fancy and the lady was bubbly and vibrant. I’m ecstatic to be working with such a diverse company with a lot of history and pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment