Friday, February 1, 2013

Off With Her Head! - Rickey Dandridge

So being a Tudor Monarchy fanatic, I was super excited to take a tour of Her Majesty's Royal Palace and Fortress or more commonly known the Tower of London. Unfortunately, my two sets of AA batteries weren't feeling the love and decided to die....I know right. However, I did manage to get a few shots in between my camera's exhaustion periods. Besides that, it was definitely an experience I will never forget. We got to see the execution site of Anne Boleyn and Catherine Howard, walked along the surrounding wall, and the best part: the Crown Jewels. Sadly, we couldn't take pictures of the jewels...bummer right. However, no one said we couldn't circle around the exhibit three times.

Royal Cypher of the Queen Mother Elizabeth II (Entrance Gate)



Middle Tower


Traitor's Entrance to the Tower of London
Anne Boleyn's Living Quarters (It is said her ghost still haunts these quarters. Sadly, it was closed.)


Spot where Anne Boleyn and Catherine Howard lost their heads, literally...haha punny!

White Tower



No comments:

Post a Comment