Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Andrew Currey



Hey everyone!  My name is Andrew Currey and I am from the small town of Collierville, Tennessee right outside of Memphis.  Being able to study and live in London for an entire semester is without a doubt the best opportunity I have ever been presented with.  I cannot wait to be completely immersed in the British culture.  Very few people get the chance to experience something like this in their lifetimes.  In less than 24 hours, I will be sitting on a plane probably flying somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean.  The thought of this doesn't scare me one bit.  I instead feel an overwhelming sense of excitement, and I am looking forward to spending this semester with 26 incredible peers.  My last night in the United States for a while is being spent trying to figure out how in the world I can pack for a 4 month long trip.  "Less is more" is definitely a concept that I have trouble relating to this predicament.  I will be happy once I am there and not having to worry about what to pack.  While I haven't declared a major yet, I tell most people that I am majoring in Finance.  I am hoping that my internship with dunnhumby this semester will help give me a better idea of what I would really enjoy doing.  Most of all what I am looking forward to is traveling.  I am already thinking about spending spring break in Spain! 

No comments:

Post a Comment