Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Carly Frensley

GLS started for me, orientation my freshman year.  Global Leadership Scholar was already part of the reason I was interested in UT's business school, I desired to be a part of this amazing program.  I spent my freshman year focused on working my way in to becoming a GLS student.  I wanted more than anything to be a part of a close knit community who would be traveling abroad together, and that is just what we are.  The 27 students in the GLS 2015 class are a family, there is no better way to describe how close we are, and the journey is just beginning.
7 days, it's now becoming a reality.  As a class we started countdown for the day we leave for London the moment we received our acceptance letters.  It's days away until we head to experience the opportunity of a lifetime that we have all been blessed with.  I couldn't have picked a better group to be going with, Lane Morris and Andrew Siedler really know what they are doing, for all future GLS students.
My major is now Economics with a collateral in International Business and hopefully I will be adding a Global Studies minor.  In London I hope to work with a member of Parliament or a Non-Profit organization, because my dream is to open non-profits.  Wherever I am placed I have no doubt in my mind it will be one of the most beneficial experiences for bettering my future.

Can't wait to see what London has in-store for this GLS class of 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment