Saturday, January 12, 2013

Louis Trapnell

Hey everybody my name is Louis Trapnell and I am from Nashville, TN. I went to Christ Presbyterian Academy high school and I am majoring in either Finance or Marketing.

This London trip has already been absolutely "brilliant" from being on the 9 hour Delta plane flight with mostly everyone in GLS to being set up with the Study Center's newly furnished, top notch flats to learning everything we'll be doing the next 15 weeks in our orientation.

I've never lived or stayed in a big metropolitan city for an extended period of time before, and we are in the heart and soul of London so I am excited to see how I like living in and around this style of life. Our group of 27 is already getting closer and we are all obviously so excited to be taking on this new experience together.

Yesterday, the director of the Study Center Dr. Paul challenged us to not just realize the difference in cultures we will be experiencing, but seek to understand why others do what they do. This insight has been stuck on my mind, and it's energizing to have this nugget of wisdom be a lens I see this trip through.

On a lighter side of things, last night was my first night to ever rock a scarf and have fish and chips and it will not be my last.



Until next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment