Sunday, January 27, 2013

Gaining Exposure- Jian


I AM LOVING LONDON. I have made so many friends, visited so many amazing places, and experienced many cultural events. Honors Statistics is tough, but during my spare time, I breakdance with the local London University's Breakdance society to cool things off. They welcomed me with open arms and invited me to dance with them every week. I felt as if I belong there. I am learning new tricks every week and meeting better dancers who are dedicated to teaching. Every time I go to breakdance practice, it seemed like a big cultural exchange. I would tell them about where I'm from, and they would tell me about their lifestyles and culture. One thing I like about London is the international people of different backgrounds, culture, and religion. If you really seek to gain more exposure outside of the your american group, you'll be able to learn so much more about the local community. 

No comments:

Post a Comment