Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Louis Trapnell

London Bridge

Wow, so much has happened in the past week! I'll do my best to hit the highlights.

We have taken two business site visits already and both have been highly engaging. The first one we went to was Dunnhumby. They're a business analytics company and are most recognized for developing the Kroger Plus card. Their head of international relations gave us a phenomenal presentation and it was crazy to see how developing technology is allowing the producer to know more and more about the customer. 

The second business we've toured is Lloyd's of London. As most of you all know they're one of the most well known marketplaces for international insurance in the world. The building was incredible to walk through and it was fun being on the eastern side of London. My internship is going to be in the same area, so I paid extra attention to my surroundings (thinking ahead). 

We took a bus tour for a morning and I got to see all of the major tourists attractions I was hoping to see. From Big Ben to the London Bridge to St. Paul's Cathedral and the Houses of Parliament, we covered all of the big ones. 

This past Saturday we took a day trip to Oxford and although a good number of people in our group got sick afterwards because of the weather, I think everybody would say Oxford was a lot of fun. C.S. Lewis's home was really inspiring to walk through and being that we share a similar name just slightly spelled differently, I really made a connection with the house. Walking through the town was great too. It was the first city I've been to in England outside of London.

From what's coming to mind these are the main points worth sharing! The only thing I can think of that I would do without is Dr. Mee's tests, but the trip really wouldn't be a "study" abroad if there was no "studying" to do right? … The first one was a fair test and he's been doing a great job teaching. It's been really fun getting to know him in and outside of class.


Until next time mates, Cheers!



Oxford


Left To Right
Me, Alex, Luke
Inside the Eagle and Child- the pub where C.S. Lewis and Tolkien used to go to 




No comments:

Post a Comment