Friday, January 11, 2013

Jillian Valk: Tourist


We arrived in London on Thursday and have been going through orientation for the past couple days. In the past two days I have seen many iconic London sites and statues, had my first fish and chips, and got a pass for the underground. The city is very different than I am used to because of the large amounts of people crammed every where! When you walk around you have to be very assertive of people, cyclists, cars, and buses every one is likely to hit you if you don't watch out, especially when holding a map in front of your face. It's a gorgeous city with a lot of historical buildings and quaint shops. I love how the British hold to traditions, it makes everything seem more patriotic.
I'm still adjusting to the money system and the accents here. I went to buy a cup of coffee and I couldn't understand what the man was asking or how much he had said so I held out my hand with some coins in it and let him pick.....probably got ripped off but the jetlag made that coffee priceless.

Iconic Double Decker Bus

Iconic Telephone Booth

Tower Bridge

The Tube

No comments:

Post a Comment